This is a fantastic question especially in this Facebook drunk world where everybody is on Facebook but the reality is I highly discourage people from just using a Facebook page. Now here’s the reason why a lot of business misinterpret the purpose of Facebook. You go into a cafe or a restaurant they’re always saying like us on Facebook which is good because they’re able to keep in touch with you but some businesses think that Facebook likes are the end game. That’s just one level to a deeper sales funnel that’s going to get people to your website. Now if you can get them to your website you can then influence them or have more control over the influence of that experience and hopefully drive them closer to the sale of becoming a new client that’s the end goal. So Facebook is good it’s a great tool but it’s not the end game for your online platform. Also what if Facebook decided to close your account for some reason or another, you have No control over that.
Maybe You Don’t Need A Website
Perhaps you are not looking to generate any awareness about your brand, about your business who you are, what you do, what makes you unique and above that perhaps you are not looking to grow your business in any measurable way shape or form.
Now if you enjoy making your life more difficult than it needs to be and you have no desire to generate any awareness about what you do then I don’t suppose a website would be of any benefit to you.
What Your Website Design Can Offer
Let’s talk about how a website can help. I expect you can probably see where we’re going here now however before we go on let’s take a look at a couple of numbers.
Did you know that over 80% of Europeans will go online to do research about products and services they’re interested in.
Additionally did you know that of the billions of searches on Google every month that one in five are local searches(eg. website design Chard Somerset) now these are numbers that you as a small business owner cannot afford to ignore.
So why do you need a website ? Three big reasons:
- Number one, your customers demanded it. Your website is a 365 day a year 24/7 open for business portal and your new and existing customers expect to be able to find you there.
- Number two, a website makes your life easy. It allows you to communicate to these customers who you are what you do and what types of products and services you offer.
- Number three, your competition have websites. Whether you realise it or not every day you are giving up market share to your competitors who have a website.Having a website great idea but is just any website going to work ? Next I will explain why having the right website is important.
The Right Website For You
So we have established that having the right website is pretty much essential for every business these days. We have now been involved in the creation of many different websites and in that time we’ve come to establish a pretty clear idea of what is involved in building the right website for the right business.
By now you know that I like lists and coming up is a list of our top 5 tips for the right website for you and your business:
- Number One, on our list is your website content. It is very important what your website says about your business. It is crucial your website content needs to have a clear purpose and concise call to action. What do you want your web site visitors to do ? Do you want them to call you ? Do you want them to fill out some information about themselves? Do you want them to just simply get to know a little bit more about what you do ? Website content is king right from the mouth of google.
- Number Two, Visual appeal. These days having a professionally designed and professional looking website design that installs confidence and trust is absolutely essential. You want your visitors to feel comfortable on your website.
- Number Three, Fundamental SEO. Now SEO stems in to a whole other area and you can find out more about SEO here on our SEO Services page. Fundamental SEO means communicating to search engines very clearly. A couple of very important things namely, the name of your business, your phone number, your geographical location and other fundamentals like the exact nature of the types of products and services that you offer. So fundamental SEO literally is what separates the men from the boys in the world of Google.
- Number Four, Speed and usability. This is another factor that is increasing in importance with having the right website. Having a website that loads quickly and is easy to use and understand for your visitors is absolutely crucial. What did you do the last time a website was slow to load ? Went back to Google and found another that worked ?
- Number Five, Control of your content as a business owner you want to be able to access certain areas of your website and update its content. You will want to be able to add specials or promotions. You may want to update staff profiles. Having control over your website content is very very important. We offer full website content management systems for you.
I think I have more than covered all the aspects of if you require a website or not. If we can be of any help getting you and your business online then please feel free to contact us today. We have many options for all types of businesses, don’t think that just because you are small you do not need a website. A one page website is very affordable and gives you that online presence you will need to grow.